I never used to wear lipstick. I thought I shouldn’t because my teeth weren’t white enough. I don’t have abnormally yellow teeth or anything, but in my mind my teeth needed to be celebrity white. Then one day I didn’t care. The first color lipstick I purchased was Candy Yum Yum by MAC, and then it melted in my car ( I know! What can you expect leaving it in the car right?!?!). I then bought Relentlessly Red by MAC and loved it. I felt a little strange wearing such a bright color, but I must say its one of my favorites! Then, I lost that one (found it later) and went to re-purchase it when my friend Maria suggested I get another color because you never know if you’ll find it later. Taking her advice I purchased Ruby Woo and Honey Love. I found the lipstick I lost by the way, I was so happy! No RAGRETS! hahaha! For real, I love these colors and I’m so glad I got over that whole “my teeth aren’t white enough” situation. Be saucy, and rock that lipstick.
Posted by stephcanto on April 16, 2015
So… about almost 2 months ago I entered in a health challenge at work (which I think I iniated!!!). I was pretty confident in my chances of winning. I was motivated and ready to go. I lost about 6 pounds the first week. I was proud. By month 1, I was 2 inches down in my waist as well. What I didn’t take in to consideration the known fact that I am an emotional eater. So when things get stressful I eat… also when I have headaches I automatically associate the relief with eating something (mainly because when I started getting migraines as a teen, my mom said it was because I never at anything- when in reality I didn’t have a huge appetite and my body was going into a new phase where I would become one of those people with chronic migraines). All of that to say that Easter season was upon us, and as a designer for a church- that means its gonna be crazy. lol Thankfully, it turns out our team was much more prepared than previous years and Easter went a little smoother. This doesn’t mean it wasn’t stressful…at all, but we completed projects on-time. During those moments of stress I went through a “who cares, you’re stressed. do whatever you want” mentality and sabotaged my weight loss progress. I didn’t get to run as much as I’d hope (migraines, a cold and random happenings kept getting in the way). I don’t eat terribly- I stay away from a lot of really delicious stuff, but my body is older now and doesn’t just get skinny. The thing is- I have to be on my game, I have to make time for working out-HARD and prepare in advance my food intake (I’m a bit lazy. Oh the sin of sloth!) Hopefully, I get it together starting today. So far, so good-but we’ll see how I handle it under the stress moments that are sure to happen. Cheers to not giving up?! haha
In the mean time- check out some of my pins that make me oh so happy. I love greys and jank
Posted by stephcanto on April 11, 2015
Enamarie has been working on some photography projects and has been going all over Miami taking pictures. Occasionally, I’ll grab Lana and drive her around to help out. She is my fave and is so talented it hurts me! Anyway… We were walking around the Palmetto Bay Area and we found a bunch of marsh and trees and decided to shoot some pics there, then she started taking pictures of my hair. I had my hair in a braid all day, and I undid the braid and blamooo! I love how these pictures came out. The colors make me happy. My hair looks crazy wild haha! Humidity played a major roll in how my hair looks hahah! Here are a couple of the shots. Enjoy!
Posted by stephcanto on March 28, 2015
I love Coconut Grove. Its beautiful. Full of little shops, happy people, live music and lots of people walking their dogs (We’ll get there one day, Lana!)! We went to the Grove a couple weeks ago to hit up brunch at Greenstreet. I crave Greenstreet all the time by the way. I had a cinnamon roll pancake. Delicious. We walked around and just enjoyed the day, on the way home we saw a little street market in one of the neighborhood streets. We parked and decided to walk through. We didn’t buy anything, but it was nice strolling by. I love days like this, random and just us.
Posted by stephcanto on March 28, 2015
I love my dog. After a stressful day of responsibilities, coming home to Lana and Danny are the best. We usually go on a walk together and then go about dinner and what not. Danny is out today, so its just Lana and I. I took her for a walk and then we hit up Petco. I bought her some food, a new toy. She behaved like a perfect lady in the store. Love herrrr. We came home, I did some random gardening while she frolicked the yard. Perfectly suburban. lol I decided to take out the camera and take some self-portraits and portraits of her. I’m practicing using different lenses and learning how to photograph myself. (Inspired by the lovely and talented, Yesi Flores) I did ok… not gonna lie, photographing myself is awkward- but its good practice! Lana however- hates the camera. She charges at me (non-violently)! I read somewhere that dogs dislike their portraits being taken because they feel an invasion of personal space… fancy! lol I took the pictures anyway and I’m gonna post them. So…here ya go! LANA DEL MOOCH!
Posted by stephcanto on March 19, 2015
I never got around to posting photos of this past Valentine’s Day! I took pics and completely forgot! For shame.
Anyhow… Danny had class that day. We usually treat the day very casually with a little surprise/treat in celebration of the day. So it’s not really a big deal. So I went out to buy some plants for our new flag pole that he had just installed in the front yard (we love America). When I got back, he had gotten back from school early and prepared a fun picnic for later on in the day.
Posted by stephcanto on March 3, 2015
Well…sometimes I do care. lol I’m not gonna lie, my hair has been pretty complicated these past few days. Its been getting tiny knots, crazy tangled, and looking a little drabby. First world problems. How embarrassing. Real talk, its not that serious. I’m just being a girl about it. I love my hair and all the cool stuff I can do with it. Today, I did like a side twist braid thing. I’m sure it has a name, but I have no idea what it is. Anyway, here are some pics of the day’s do.
Posted by stephcanto on February 24, 2015
I cannot complain. Life gets really hard sometimes and then really good other times. Its been really good. SO grateful for this season. Just wanted to share some pics I have taken with a new lens. Practice makes perfect right. <3
Posted by stephcanto on February 18, 2015
I haven’t cut my hair in over a year. There are several reason why I haven’t done so yet. Some intentional and some not so intentional.
1. I’m kinda seeing how long I can go without cutting it. Usually it drives me insane around October (I cut it around my birthday time usually). So I’m setting a new personal record.
2. It’s pretty pricey to cut long hair. Always. I hate it. The cheapskate in me wins this time.
3. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to getting things like this done.. Mani/pedi included. I come home and all I wanna do is eat and hang with my family.
4. I like to test out cool hairdos! The milk maid braid is so far my favorite. Inspiration credit goes to my lovely friend, Yesi! It’s so much easier with really long hair.
I’m going to try and post more hair photos as it continues to grow…I’m expecting to cut it soon because it’s long enough that I can tuck it into my pants. Embarrassing. Ha! So until then stay tuned for random hair selfies! Here’s a pic of the milk maid braid I did last week. It’s a bit frizzy, but it was the middle of the day-and I was juicing. A recipe for disheveled appearance. Lol
Posted by stephcanto on February 4, 2015
I’ve learned a few things since having Lana in our lives that I didn’t learn with Gunner (mainly because he lives with my brother and sister ). Nothing out of this world, but lessons nonetheless.
1. There’s a new member of the family and that means they require you’re attention and care. This seems pretty obvious, but its more than it seems. Pets are to be treated with love and good care, they’re more than just an animal living in your home. Well for me at least. I worry about leaving her alone for too long. Its intense. lol
2. Dogs are needy. They want to be with you at all times. She’s ok being alone in her crate (as far as I know), but when I’m home we are like “peas and carrots” lol. I love being with her. I’m alone sometimes because Danny works his long shifts, thankfully she makes excellent company.
3. Responsibility. She makes me wake up early to feed and walk her. Sure, I could just let do her business in our backyard, but A. the yard would smell like poo and B. I’d rather walk her to get her some exercise. Walking up early is a good thing. I usually delay as much as possible before I have to wake up, I’m pretty lazy. Now I wake up, take her out, feed her and while she’s eating, I take that time to read the bible and do my small group devotional study. Breakfast is something I gotta work into the equation, which means waking up earlier.. pfft.
4. Random exercise. I’ve lost like 2 lbs. lol That isn’t much at all, but in comparison to nothing, its something. I walk her in the morning, on my lunch break (if Danny is working) and at night after she eats. “A tired dog is a happy dog” is what most people say, but I just want her to have activities..like we do. lol Told you i was crazy! Added plus: I’ve met a lot of my neighbors on walks with her.
5. Socializing your pup is really important. We are super training her so she can play well with others. The first couple of days she was with us, was kind of a whirlwind of meet and greets. She met like 4 dogs. She played well with Gunner (of course because he’s perfect!) and got a little defensive with the neighbor’s dog and my brother-in-law’s dog. Both dogs are pretty docile. I panicked. I cried actually. lol I didn’t want Lana to be one of those dogs that couldn’t play with others. I mean, we have so many dogs in our lives already, in my mind they were all one big happy family! Through so intense “pack leader” mentality training, she’s improved so much! She has had two monitored playdates with the the neighbor’s dog, who she fought. I think she was just overwhelmed with all the newness. Anyway- happy to report she is making great progress.
Having a pup, and all the pampering, gift buying, love giving, bathing and such is a lot of work. Emotionally and physically. I love it. Danny and are working as a team to make our pup a healthy and happy pet. He’s such a good pack leader, it makes me appreciate in a different and new way. Some say, this is my prep for having children. Perhaps. Doesn’t mean I’m ready for it. At all, but I’ll take it. Whatever happens, happens.
I love my little family.
Posted by stephcanto on January 16, 2015