Well…sometimes I do care. lol I’m not gonna lie, my hair has been pretty complicated these past few days. Its been getting tiny knots, crazy tangled, and looking a little drabby. First world problems. How embarrassing. Real talk, its not that serious. I’m just being a girl about it. I love my hair and all the cool stuff I can do with it. Today, I did like a side twist braid thing. I’m sure it has a name, but I have no idea what it is. Anyway, here are some pics of the day’s do.
Posted by stephcanto on February 24, 2015
I cannot complain. Life gets really hard sometimes and then really good other times. Its been really good. SO grateful for this season. Just wanted to share some pics I have taken with a new lens. Practice makes perfect right. <3
Posted by stephcanto on February 18, 2015
I haven’t cut my hair in over a year. There are several reason why I haven’t done so yet. Some intentional and some not so intentional.
1. I’m kinda seeing how long I can go without cutting it. Usually it drives me insane around October (I cut it around my birthday time usually). So I’m setting a new personal record.
2. It’s pretty pricey to cut long hair. Always. I hate it. The cheapskate in me wins this time.
3. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to getting things like this done.. Mani/pedi included. I come home and all I wanna do is eat and hang with my family.
4. I like to test out cool hairdos! The milk maid braid is so far my favorite. Inspiration credit goes to my lovely friend, Yesi! It’s so much easier with really long hair.
I’m going to try and post more hair photos as it continues to grow…I’m expecting to cut it soon because it’s long enough that I can tuck it into my pants. Embarrassing. Ha! So until then stay tuned for random hair selfies! Here’s a pic of the milk maid braid I did last week. It’s a bit frizzy, but it was the middle of the day-and I was juicing. A recipe for disheveled appearance. Lol
Posted by stephcanto on February 4, 2015
I’ve learned a few things since having Lana in our lives that I didn’t learn with Gunner (mainly because he lives with my brother and sister ). Nothing out of this world, but lessons nonetheless.
1. There’s a new member of the family and that means they require you’re attention and care. This seems pretty obvious, but its more than it seems. Pets are to be treated with love and good care, they’re more than just an animal living in your home. Well for me at least. I worry about leaving her alone for too long. Its intense. lol
2. Dogs are needy. They want to be with you at all times. She’s ok being alone in her crate (as far as I know), but when I’m home we are like “peas and carrots” lol. I love being with her. I’m alone sometimes because Danny works his long shifts, thankfully she makes excellent company.
3. Responsibility. She makes me wake up early to feed and walk her. Sure, I could just let do her business in our backyard, but A. the yard would smell like poo and B. I’d rather walk her to get her some exercise. Walking up early is a good thing. I usually delay as much as possible before I have to wake up, I’m pretty lazy. Now I wake up, take her out, feed her and while she’s eating, I take that time to read the bible and do my small group devotional study. Breakfast is something I gotta work into the equation, which means waking up earlier.. pfft.
4. Random exercise. I’ve lost like 2 lbs. lol That isn’t much at all, but in comparison to nothing, its something. I walk her in the morning, on my lunch break (if Danny is working) and at night after she eats. “A tired dog is a happy dog” is what most people say, but I just want her to have activities..like we do. lol Told you i was crazy! Added plus: I’ve met a lot of my neighbors on walks with her.
5. Socializing your pup is really important. We are super training her so she can play well with others. The first couple of days she was with us, was kind of a whirlwind of meet and greets. She met like 4 dogs. She played well with Gunner (of course because he’s perfect!) and got a little defensive with the neighbor’s dog and my brother-in-law’s dog. Both dogs are pretty docile. I panicked. I cried actually. lol I didn’t want Lana to be one of those dogs that couldn’t play with others. I mean, we have so many dogs in our lives already, in my mind they were all one big happy family! Through so intense “pack leader” mentality training, she’s improved so much! She has had two monitored playdates with the the neighbor’s dog, who she fought. I think she was just overwhelmed with all the newness. Anyway- happy to report she is making great progress.
Having a pup, and all the pampering, gift buying, love giving, bathing and such is a lot of work. Emotionally and physically. I love it. Danny and are working as a team to make our pup a healthy and happy pet. He’s such a good pack leader, it makes me appreciate in a different and new way. Some say, this is my prep for having children. Perhaps. Doesn’t mean I’m ready for it. At all, but I’ll take it. Whatever happens, happens.
I love my little family.
Posted by stephcanto on January 16, 2015
First off, Happy New Year! I can honestly say that this year has a been good year for the Cantos. Not to say that it was perfect, far from it, but we got to a lot of goals/milestones this year! I got a new car, for starters. I had my Honda Civic for about 10 years and it was time. We still have the Honda around and Danny uses it. Its a good car and it was in excellent condition. Well not the outside (old and chipped paint) but the inside was solid! We were able to purchase a home! We had been waiting so long for this! I couldn’t believe it. We were starting a new journey together as home owners. Which by the way, the work never stops. lol Its a good thing. We’re full fledged adults! I started my own apparel company, Hustle Sauce. This was a huge blessing and was only possible because of the incredible support system I have. Thank you friends and family! Lastly, we got a dog. I’ve always wanted a dog, and luckily so did Danny. We had been waiting for the right time, and right dog. We adopted her from a family that had adopted her from a shelter. They couldn’t keep her anymore because she gave their daughter some kind of allergic reaction. We met and fell in love. Her name is Lana and she’s the best. She’s amazing with people (children too) and she could use some work with other dogs, but she’s still a puppy (10 months) and we’re hustling hard with that training! I have to say, Danny is an excellent “pack leader”! He has taught Lana so much already and she learning quick! Cesar Milan would be proud!
I don’t like to make goals. lol I make them regardless, but I kinda hate it. I hate it because I forget about them and then get disappointed that I didn’t follow through. Its destructive. I write them down in a notebook and then I share them with Danny and then I jot down his. Its private and I feel ok about them. I’m glad to say that I accomplished some of last year’s goals, so cheers to that!
This year, all that I’ll share is that I hope to be obedient. Obedient to God’s word. Apply what I know he wants from me. To love unconditionally, forgive every time, to be selfless, etc. I tend to get upset a lot because I get hurt, or feel unloved or disrespected. That’s natural. Everyone reacts a certain way to those things. I want to accept it and get over it, because my God loves me and gives me the choice to love, forgive and put others before myself. Cheers to the possibilities of the New Year! Hope you’re all enjoying this new beginning.
Posted by stephcanto on January 5, 2015
Its no secret that I’m obsessed with our family pet, Gunner. He’s more like my brother and sister’s dog, but I like to think he’s kinda mine too just because we have a special relationship. Yes, he’s just a dog- but he’s a wonderful dog. He came to our family, when we needed it most. We were pretty isolated with one another and having this time puppy around required attention from everyone. I mean we took shifts to be with him! lol He was so small (5 wks old). We found ourselves hanging out more and being around one another like a normal family. lol We didn’t even realize we didn’t make time for each other. (embarrassing) We’ve all grown because of him and we love him more for it. haha! Danny pokes fun at me, but I don’t care. A pet is a part of a family and no less. They are to be loved and cared for just like everyone else!
Danny and I plan to add to our little sub-family with a pet adoption soon. Hopefully before Christmas! I’d love for Gunner to have a bff. haha
Posted by stephcanto on December 12, 2014
This year, the Arts & Comm team hit up the Miami Beach Convention Center. We wandered and tried to take in as much as possible. After looking at a lot of art all at once, you tend to stop seeing the art because of stimulation overload. Haha. I do this thing where I tear my knowledge and see and art piece and name the artists, then I go check and give myself a pat on the back when I’m right. I only got one wrong yesterday lol! You gotta stay sharp ya know what I mean?!!
We also saw some celebrities. The past times I’ve attended Basel events, I’ve always seen celebrities. I didn’t expect to see any. But then BAM! Joe Jonas. Lol I don’t particularly care for him, but I turn classic fangirl when I come across them. So I turned red. I took a pic and he caught me. No shame! Then I come face to face with Darren Criss. Eyes locked and all. He knew I was staling them lol. Not in creepy way, but in a non-dangerous fangirl kinda way. Then the holy grail of celebrity sightings, Leonardo DiCaprio. My friend, Kari found him first. I experienced my first hot flash. Menopause holds a dark future for me if that’s a sneak peek! I followed him around too. What can I say…because Leo.
After that art was a hard thing to focus on. Lol but I did manage to continue my art test game. Hope you enjoyed my fun filled story!
Posted by stephcanto on December 5, 2014
Hustle Sauce is participating in its first Blogger Giveaway over at my friend, Kristel’s blog Glowing Light! Head on over to her blog for details on how to enter! You’ll be entering to win “The Struggle is Real” tank, which is extremely comfortable (not biased opinion btw)!
Photos by the amazing and talented, Simply Lively
Posted by stephcanto on November 23, 2014
About a month ago, I attended the West Elm Dadeland Layers of Luxe brunch event. It was awesome to say the least! I want everything in that store. With some savings and some patience I’m slowly makin’ that happen haha! (We recently bought a dining table from there and I’m beyond thrilled!) They have so much more that just furniture. They have a lot of items that would work great ask gifts for your loved ones. I took note of items when I was there just to post. Don’t go on thinking, I’ve mentally skipped Thanksgiving Day. Quite the opposite, its all I think about. I will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner in our new home this year, and I’m having a mini panic attack. haha! Thanks another story, but Black Friday is this week as well, and its a day where we all run to the malls and snag some deals for gifts for our loved ones, because let’s face it- THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Most of us have a lot of members in our families, and you want to gift them all! My family has gotten away with “secret santa” amongst ourselves, so Black Friday isn’t too crazy, but I digress.
Here are some gifting ideas for your special people:
1. Baggu Duffle Bag (optional custom Monogram) for your traveler friend! I’ve recently become secretly obsessed with duffle bags. I stop myself from purchasing them because I have what I need and that’s just wrong…right?! $89
2. Domino Set (wooden) for your game friend. I might purchase this for Danny! He loves a good game of dominos. $39
3. Ceramic Animal Ring Dish is a great gift for that friend who accessorizes like champion! I own the owl one, and its adorable and keeps all my mess in order. $16
4. Festive Fair Isle Cheese Board is the perfect gift for your friend the ultimate host! They make for a dreamy display during your holiday parties, so gifting this one early may be the key! Also, its on sale at the moment! Usually $34 and on sale for $27 with free shipping homieeee!
5. Whale Tail Sculpture is great gift for your friend the environmentalist! I just think its beautiful and such an interesting little sculpture. The brass one is on sale for $14.99 and the soapstone one is going for $39! Either way, free shipping still!
6. The Perfect Throw works for home-y friend. You know, that person that likes to stay in and read a good book, or watch everything on Netflix (me!). This little situation comes in many color options and is also on sale! $23 (was $29).
Hope you head over to the store when you can, if you’re not ordering online! The Dadeland store has excellent customer service and you might find something for yourself as well! Happy holidays peeps!
Posted by stephcanto on November 23, 2014
It’s been a while since I snapped pics of the fashionable people I see on Sunday mornings. I took full advantage of my sister visitng our campus and made her and Maria pose for me. Hehe
I don’t have the details of their outfits though. Which is key when I plan these posts, but it was quick and unplanned. So…cheers to spontaneity!
Posted by stephcanto on November 16, 2014