I’ve been wanting to make this Snow globe for about 3 years. I just never got around to it. I usually feel overwhelmed by projects that I’m unfamiliar with. It’s daunting for no reason whatsoever.
I saw it as a sign when a trip to Marshall’s Home Goods revealed the perfect jar for a snow globe. It was a round sort of jar with one facet. The best $3.99 I’ve spent in a while. Lol After that I went to Jerry’s Artarama to find little snow trees. While there, I also purchased neon pink spray paint. All I needed was some glitter (Michael’s) and distilled water (Publix).
1. So I started off by spray painting the lid. I chose a neon pink-but any color works. Think about your Christmas holiday decor theme and match it to that!
2. Then I cleaned the jar and drew on it with a oil based sharpie (I forgot to take a picture of it). I found it at Michael’s for $4.99. You can write something like “Merry Christmas” or your names or a bible verse. It’s up to you. You can also just draw designs on them.
3. While the sharpie ink dried, I started off by sticking the trees to the inside do the kid with mod podge…that didn’t work out exactly as I planned. I ended up using Krazy Glue instead. That works perfectly! I let it dry for about 30 minutes.
4. Then I placed glitter (white and pink Martha Stewart course and fine glitter) inside the jar. About quarter inch in height of the jar.
5. I filled the jar with distilled water to just a little bit before the brim.
6. Placed the lid on the jar and BAM-Snow globe!
I hope you decide to make this. It’s really fun! Not as hard as it looks. Enjoy!