I stumbled upon an article on Relevant the other day and I thought it was interesting. Figured I should share it and add on my two cents to how it applies to me in particular.
1. BE THANKFUL. I know that I am blessed to have such a wonderful group of family and friends. I am thankful, but I need to remember how much of a blessing that really is. Giving true thanks is extremely important and humbling.
2. STOP ASKING FOR PERMISSION. I need to learn how to stop asking things that don’t really need other people’s approval. I just need to trust my gut and go for it.
3. GIVE MORE THAN YOU GET ON SOCIAL MEDIA. I usually try to share others’ content and promote people that I truly believe in. I hope to do more of this in a more effective way on here and twitter. Heck…maybe I’ll get my Insta account back! You never know.
4. EXTEND GRACE TO OTHERS AND YOURSELF. I’m learning to give myself and others slack for things that I’m very nit-picky about. This is a pride issue as well. I need to learn to be gracious in all areas of life!
5. BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR GOALS. Something I’m learning to do all the time.
6. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. das it.
7. STOP LETTING FEAR MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOU. Fear is a powerful thing. It can dictate what you choose to do in this life. I try to not be driven by fear. I’m going to keep trying.
8. TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES – SOMETIMES LITERALLY. Enjoying the little things in this life give such perspective! I recommend it. I’ll keep in mind to actual smell some roses too!
9. NEVER STOP LEARNING. I need to this more. I’m pretty complacent sometimes… but hey, today I learned how to make a gif. so BAM!
10. INVEST IN CREATIVE PURSUITS. My life is a creative pursuit. lol I definitely think its healthy to do this. I intend on doing some serious investing in a couple of ideas this coming year.
11. TAKE SMALL STEPS TOWARD SUCCESS AND LET GO OF UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Yeah. One step at a time. Its the only way.
12. HOLD ONTO HOPE. This is something HUGE I learned this past year. Hope is something that is so vital when you feel like you have nothing left.
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. Pslam 33:20
13. TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH. With work, with love, with adventure! I try to do so everyday and so should you!
This was a cool article! I recommend reading it!
I’m still working on things and will do so for the rest of my life. Ha! I hope you have a great end of the year, and pray for new hopes and dreams to be realized this coming year!