Saturday started off pretty good. I started to feel some contractions through the day. 5-10 minutes apart. They were pretty bearable, so I just kept a close eye on their times apart. Pretty steady. Sunday 1:09am comes and I feel something a little stronger. I try not to panic, and continue to keep an eye on the contractions. 5 Minutes apart. It stayed that way, and I woke Danny up at 4:30am telling him my findings (tried real hard to stay cool, calm and collected). We decided to go to the hospital. I took a shower, and got as comfortable as possible. We headed over, and to my disappointment, they discharged me because I was 2.5 cm dilated. They suggested I take a long walk around the hospital and come back in about 1.5 hours. So, we took our things back to the car and went for a walk. A very painful walk. Contractions were real and we were sleepy. I was also extremely dehydrated, so they gave me water to drink. The pain was causing me to feel nauseous so I ended up throwing up all the water I drank. Time passes and we head back to triage and they finally admit me because I dilated more.

I spent the day feeling contraction to contraction. Around 4 pm and 6 cm dilation I opted to get the epidural. I think I could’ve done it without the epidural, pain-wise, but I was so exhausted. Epidural happened (2 contractions while they are administering it!) and I immediately took a nap. I could still move my legs and feel them a bit, but the pain had definitely subsided. Around 9-10 pm the nurse tells me I’m 10 cm dilated, effaced and that my cervix is paper thin. All was ready for the big push. And so I pushed- for 2.5 hours. She was barely out, and then meconium started to come out, and that’s when things got scary. My wonderful and amazing doctor suggested we move forward with an emergency c-section. Which I was ok with. One thing to note here is that I love my doctors and have total trust in them. They know me and know what’s important to me and put that first. I tried my hardest, and that’s all I can ask of myself. Of course I had envisioned having a safe vaginal birth, but sometimes things change and you have have to okay with it. So off to surgery we went. I was scared of course, I had never had surgery before!

Of course everything turned out okay, and little Mila arrived safe and sound. All 10 fingers and 10 toes. She is so beautiful. Danny and I’s love for one another has grown to a new level, and the love for Mila is so big- we just feel blessed and undeserving of such a gift. Can’t wait to see what life is going to look like from here on out. A so the best journey of our lives begins.



Everyone is in love with you little Mila. <3

Photos by my incredibly talented sister, Enamarie.

Last photo of Mila by Luis Mora.

If you want to see a video of the night, peep it on my Instagram or check out her Vimeo. Created by the talented Giovanna Arguello.


2 thoughts on “8.21.16

Leave some lovin'

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s